Early ware variety with uniformly sized big tubers.
- Oval/long uniformly sized tubers with shallow eyes and a yellow skin, – and flesh colour.
- Rather firm, with good consumption characteristics, type AB
- Fairly resistant to common scab and resistant to PCN Ro1&4 and wart disease (1).
- Storability is moderate.
Early to mid-season yellow flesh table stock variety.
- Round to oval shaped tubers, in small and medium sizes.
- Outstanding bright yellow skin finish.
- Cooking quality is excellent; this makes the Yellow Star highly suitable as a Gourmet potato in smaller sizes.
- Storability is good.
The Kondor is a red skin early maincrop variety with large oval long shaped tubers. The flesh color is light yellow with quite low dry matter content and is rather firm cooking. The Kondor is very high yielding, high bulking and copes well with heat and drought stress.
The Fianna is a nematode resistant variety with good processing qualities. It produces large oval shaped tubers, suitable for frying. It has a smooth white skin, white flesh and shallow eyes. The Fianna is a medium late maturing variety, producing high yields of uniform attractive tubers. While principally used for French fries, this versatile potato is also good for the fresh market
The Fianna has a mealy cooking quality and medium dry matter content.
The Marfona is a yellow skin second early variety with oval round shaped tubers. The flesh color is light yellow with a quite low dry matter content and is rather firm cooking. It is very high yielding, tending to produce large baker fraction.
Marfona has an almost ‘buttery’ flavour and a smooth waxy texture making it very popular variety for baking. Marfona is great baked in both microwave and the oven and is often sold in packs of 4 as a ‘baking potato’.